Providing reliable moving services to Londoners 7 days a week, all year round.
Moving And Packing Tips To Make Your Move Less Stressful
When moving, it is necessary to plan the process correctly. At a minimum, you need to make a list of things to take away, pack them securely and deliver them carefully to the place. If you need to move to another city, and not to a new apartment a couple of streets away, then you should approach the removal organisation carefully. Conflicts with the carrier company, crumpled boxes, damaged property are not needed by anyone. To prevent possible difficulties, we suggest reading about the ways in which things can be delivered and what nuances to take into account.
Ways of transporting things
Passenger car or car with trailer
If there are no oversized items or furniture, then use a passenger car with a roomy trunk or a car with a trailer to move. You can save on transportation by using services to find fellow travelers. Many of these sites indicate the type of car, so you can estimate the dimensions and capacity of the vehicle in advance. Do not forget to write to the driver that you will go not only as a passenger, but also carry things.
This type of transportation is suitable for bulky cargo. Even a car can be delivered in a container, not to mention all the furniture. Containers come in different capacities, which are usually measured in feet. The container is a special box that is securely protected. The price for container transportation is fixed and does not depend on how many things are inside. The containers are transported by land, water and air.
If the volume of things transported is not as small as for a passenger car, but also not as large as for container transportation, it is more logical to use trucks. The transport company can offer both the services of movers and goods insurance. According to the cost, this method is optimal when it is necessary to deliver a relatively small amount of furniture, appliances and personal belongings from one point to another.
Nuances when transporting your stuff
- You need to carefully choose a transport company. It’s clear that when you move, you want to save a little. However, you should not immediately give preference to the cheapest offer on the market. You don’t want a refrigerator and a sofa to come to a new city with defects, do you? Of course, a budget proposal does not mean a bad one. But the bottom line is this: if other companies offer approximately the same cost for the same service, and one company gives too low a cost and this is not a promotional offer, then something is most likely wrong here. What should you pay attention to, besides the price, in order to carefully choose a removal company? The main factors are: the condition of trucks, the presence of positive reviews about the company, the experience of drivers. At the same time, initially note the level of service for yourself from the first call.
- Consider the option of cargo insurance. Unforeseen situations may happen through no fault of the removal company. If there are valuable or expensive items in your cargo, it is recommended to additionally arrange insurance. The carrier company usually already has agreements with some insurance companies, so you won’t have to bother once again.
- It is necessary to consider how many boxes or other packages will be needed for transportation. Scotch tape, polyethylene with “pimples”, cardboard sheets, multicolored markers, stickers, large-capacity garbage bags will definitely come in handy. Pay attention to the capacity of the boxes. In order to transport clothes from the closet directly on hangers, you can use special cardboard shipping boxes, where there are holes for hooks inside.
- It is necessary to protect the cargo from rain. Even if the boxes get wet, it is necessary that the contents remain dry. It is easy to do this as follows: first we put an open garbage bag in the box and straighten it there, then we put things together and fix the bag.
- Furniture should be prepared. If you have bulky items that you will be transporting, first disassemble them into smaller parts. This is necessary in order to freely remove furniture from one dwelling and bring it to another. If necessary, you can call a furniture assembler/disassembler. If you plan to do furniture disassembly yourself, then make up an algorithm that will help you assemble furniture. Put the accessories in a container or a strong bag, and then wrap them with bubble wrap and tape. You can use cardboard sheets or the same film to pack parts of furniture. Pay special attention to the corners of the furniture.
- It is necessary to prepare appliances. If necessary, clean the equipment and dry it. If there is something inside the equipment (for example, baking trays inside the oven), it needs to be pulled out and folded separately. Secure the wires, sashes and doors with adhesive tape. Have a good move!
Need help with all the above?
Our team professionals can help arrange you a move within a day. Find out more by contacting us today!